Some of America’s most absurd laws illustrated in a photo series by Olivia Locher.
I Fought the Law (2014)
1. In Alabama it is illegal to have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at all times.
2. In Georgia Picnics are prohibited in graveyards.
3. In California nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.
4. In Ohio it’s illegal to disrobe in front of a man’s portrait.
5. In Kansas it’s illegal to serve wine in teacups.
6. In Utah no one may walk down the street carrying a paper bag containing a violin.
7. In Colorado it’s illegal to have weeds in your yard.
8. In Maine it’s unlawful to tickle women under the chin with a feather duster.
I have unknowingly broken #2.
Superman, black would be the coolest dude in the world. Imagine Sam Jackson in a cape. Running around. That would be a good movie.
I think what a lot of people don’t get is, these people aren’t real. If you cast a black dude as John F Kennedy, that’s wrong. If you cast a white dude as Martin Luther King, that’s wrong. These people aren’t real. The suits aren’t real. There aren’t really superheroes in the world.
At some point in time, you have to steep yourself in reality and say, ‘hey, it’s not about what they look like, it’s about casting a good actor in the role. If you’re sitting at home and you can’t see a black guy as Nick Fury, maybe there’s something wrong with you.
Chris Pratt seems like a guy that would get drunk with you and then carry you home